According to Eastern philosophy, there are seven centers of energy in the human body in the form of a disc, which are located along the spine and in the head and influence body functioning, mental balance and Emotional integrity. These energy disks can be open, partially open or closed, according to each individual, according to the physical and emotional dysfunctions that each one has. Thus, a fully open or awakened chakra will provide us with more capacity, energy, power and consciousness than a chakra that is less open by a blockage in the flow of energy, thus affecting our well-being.
Each chakra in the human body fulfills a specific function, according to its location, to which are also associated the functioning of the different organs of the human body and the endocrine glands, since they are related to the nerve plexuses of the spine:
QUADRUPLICITY (Chakras 1, 2, 3 and 4)
• Chakra 1 or chakra ROOT (Muladhara): Located at the base of the spine (coccyx), specifically in the perigee (between the anus and the genitals). It is associated with the element EARTH (I Have). It relates to the organs of the uterus and prostate of the human body and to the sex glands. Blockage of energy flow in this chakra can cause problems in the reproductive system (testicles and ovaries), bladder, legs, feet and sciatic nerve, causing diseases such as muscle spasms, cramps, cramps, menstrual disorders and hormonal imbalances. This energy center provides us with strength, strength and security.
• Chakra 2 or chakra SACRAL (Svadisthana): Located in the sacred bone, at the height of the navel. It is associated with the element WATER (I Feel). It is related to the organs of the kidneys, pancreas and liver and adrenal glands. Blocking energy flow in this chakra can cause problems in the kidneys, anus, rectum, prostate, bones, teeth and large intestine, causing diseases such as anemia, excess weight, low blood pressure, fatigue, poor muscle tone, circulation problems , Imbalance in body temperature, leukemia and nervous tension. This energy center gives us the power of assimilation and pressure.
• Chakra 3 or chakra SOLAR (Manipura): Located in the solar plexus, at the level of the lumbar area, above the navel. It is associated with the element FIRE (I Can).It relates to the organs of the liver, stomach and intestines and to the pancreatic glands. Blocking the flow of energy in this chakra can cause problems in the spleen, stomach, liver, gallbladder, small intestine, lower back, vegetative nervous system, causing feelings of inferiority, lack of logic and reason, insecurity and insomnia This energy center gives us the faculty of balance, secretion and projection.
• Chakra 4 or chakra HEART (Anahata): Located at the height of the heart. It is associated with the AIRE element (Yo Amo). It relates to the organs of the heart and lungs. Blocking the flow of energy in this chakra can cause problems in the heart and respiratory system, causing cardiac arrhythmia, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, palpitations, panic syndrome, problems in the bronchi, upper back, Vagus nerve and skin. This energy center provides us with the faculty of reproduction, compassion and creation.
TRINIDAD (Chakras 5, 6 and 7)
• Chakra 5 or chakra THROAT (Viccudha): Located in the throat, around the neck. It is associated with the element ETER (I speak). It is related to the mouth, tongue, throat and ear and thyroid glands. Blockage of energy flow in this chakra can cause problems in the throat, tonsils, larynx, vocal cords and esophagus, causing tonsillitis, pharyngitis, dental problems, herpes, susceptibilities to viral and bacterial infections, colds, muscle aches, hardening of Jaws, lymphatic congestion, social problems.This energy center gives us the faculty of expression and communication.
• Chakra 6 or chakra CEJAS (Agna): Located in the front, between the eyes. It is associated with the element LIGHT (I see). It is related to the head, eyes and cerebral hemispheres, and to the pituitary gland. Blocking the flow of energy in this chakra can cause problems in the central nervous system, in the eyes, ear and nose, causing blindness, cataracts, glaucoma, deafness, rhinitis, alcohol addictions and other drugs. This energy center gives us the power to think and intuit.
• Chakra 7 or chakra CORONA (Sahasrara): Located on the top of the head, on the crown. It is associated with ABSOLUTE (I know). It is related to the brain and the pineal gland. Blocking the flow of energy in this chakra can cause problems in the brain producing insomnia, migraine, sensory dysfunction, neurosis, hysteria, obsession.
This center of energy gives us the faculty of connection with the divinity, the fusion with the universal.
These chakras are associated with the colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and white or purple for a better identification. In the ideal situation we should have balanced all the chakras to have a maximum well-being and happiness. There are several physical exercises that help us to keep these energy centers active or awake, thus preventing them from closing due to external factors (physical and emotional). These exercises are known as Asanas and have the function of balancing the chakras.